Wednesday 14 April 2010

Capoeira

Last Sunday I went to Darling Harbour with my friends (all girls) to watch Capoeira festival. That was the first time I watch capoeira in Sydney. I think most of you know what capoeira is. It's an art originally from Brazil, combination of music, song, dance, and martial art. Well, it's interesting though, but what impressed us more is the people, hahaha, you know laa... :D. I managed to take some pictures. check them out...

opening music



  

single performances

well, I was amazed when I saw these kids. they're probably 4 to 10 years old, but they did a great job. they performed very well. and they're sooo cute,,,,,@_@









now, the adult's duel....
i didn't take many pictures in this session.
fyi, in the duel they didn't really attack their partner. It's just a fluid acrobatic play; combination of kicks, leg sweeps, slaps, punches, elbow strikes, headbutts, or body throw where all those motions don't really hit their partner.


Apparently, this occasion is also a ceremony where they awarded some people who pass an assessment to the upgraded skill level. they gave particular colour of belts to those who passed. probably it's the same colour as in karate, well, am not sure

the new green belt's holders

the new blue belt's holders

I left in the midst of the show, after this blue belt awarding ceremony, coz I'm hungry.
overall the show was good, but one comment from me : those T-Shirts didn't really look good on them :p (if you know what I mean, hahaha :D)

last picture, but my most favourite.....

on your left and right side are the Masters.....

No comments:

Post a Comment