Wednesday 10 August 2011

Daddy's girl

I always enjoy spending my time with my Dad. Yes, I’m my daddy’s girl. He loves to involve me in his activities; from gardening, feeding our fish in the pond, delivering fish to customers (my dad run a small business in fishery), doing a sudoku puzzle (random), to catching up with his old friends (though i don’t know them). He enjoyed my companion, and I enjoyed his. He also taught me how to drive and encourage me to be brave. When I did something wrong, he warned me. But if I did something right, he gladly praise me and said he was proud of me. Although I don’t have any job yet, my Dad was still proud of me and didn’t feel ashamed when he met his friends and introduced his ‘jobless’ daughter to them. It makes me pondering, my Dad just proud of me for who I am, not only for my achievements.


I’m so blessed I have this beautiful relationship with my earthly Dad. It helps me to have a great relationship with my heavenly Father as well. My earthly Dad is a great Dad, but God, my heavenly Father is even more... He is the best.


If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who asked Him! (Mat 7:11)


The love from my dad and my heavenly Father makes me realize about my true value. I am my daddy’s girl, and God’s princess, no matter what. My value lies in the blood of Jesus who has bought me with His precious blood. I’m satisfied with God’s love and my daddy’s attention. Those make me no longer craving for human attention, especially from the opposite sex.


I don’t know what you’ve been through. May be you never know your Dad, may be you don’t have a chance to know him better, or may be your Dad has been very abusive to you, and it makes you doubt about your value.  May be you’ve been wandering around, try to catch people’s attention, or misinterpreting someone’s attention to you. But no matter what your circumstances are, you can always run to my heavenly Father, who most desires to be your Father as well. He is the only One who can satisfy you. Don’t try to fill the emptiness in your heart by anything this world might offer : money, popularity, attention from your opposite sex, boyfriend/spouse, etc, because they can never fit in. 

Run to God, our heavenly Father and cry out to Him in Jesus name. Ask Him to come into your life and fill the emptiness of your heart. He is a good Father, and He loves us just the way we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment