Thursday 15 December 2011

My Masterpiece

I love photography. Here are some of my shots which I consider as 'well done'. 
Well, I am not quite a pro yet though, but I think these are quite good.

1. Sydney Harbour Bridge

















Taken in Sydney, one fine summer night. No further image editing. 
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6 Canon lens
f-stop: f/10
focal length: 20 mm
exp. time: 20 sec
ISO: 100
This is my favourite shot. I love this place, I love the colour, composition, and lighting


2. Sydney Opera House Moonlight
























Taken in Sydney, same day as the 1st pic, a perfect moonlight on a perfect summer night. No image editing.
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6 Canon lens
f-stop : f/8
focal length: 55 mm
exp. time: 8 sec
ISO: 200
This is one of the iconic place in the world. I would have done this better if I had brought my telephoto lens to capture a bigger moon. But I love this, and I love this place too.

3. Surfer at Bronte Beach
























Taken in Bronte Beach, Sydney, one beautiful morning at approx 5 am. I used photoshop for a dreamy look.
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 70-300 mm Canon lens (I forgot the aperture range)
f-stop : f/16
focal length: 105 mm
exp. time: 1/15 sec
ISO: 100
The surfer in the picture is a random guy whom I don't know. I just captured this randomly and secretly (the object didn't know). Too bad, the horizon is tilted a bit, but I just like the surfer's silhouette. I took this one morning when I went out with my friend to try surfing photography, which turned out quite challenging for me :D.

4. Midnight in Newtown
























Taken in Newtown, Sydney, from my window. I used photoshop for framing purpose only. No image editing in terms of colour, saturation, composition, etc.
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6 Canon lens.
Couldn't find the EXIF data, as I'm too lazy to look for the original file :)
I was learning about how to capture light trails, and want to put what I've learned into action. So, here it is, Newtown at night with light trails. Just took it from my window. I live in the 3rd floor, and it was such an advantage. Ohh,that was a nice red car there by the way ;-).

5. Queenstown

















Taken in Queenstown, New Zealand, December 2010, no image editing.
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6 Canon lens
f-stop : f/11
focal length: 23 mm
exp. time: 1/200 sec
ISO: 200
I took this on my holiday in NZ, heaven on earth. I love Queenstown. It's such a nice tourist city. It was summer, but quite chilly in Queenstown. I love the serenity of this picture, the sun rays  that penetrate through the tree branches, the silhouette and the lake. Wish to come back there again someday.

6. Sydney NYE 2011

















Taken in Sydney, at 2011 New Year's Eve, no image editing
Camera Canon EOS 1000 D, lens: 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6 Canon lens
f-stop : f/8
focal length: 51 mm
exp. time: 1.3 sec
ISO: 800
Pretty NYE, but It was a very long day and I was worn out....waiting for the new year's eve. Won't do that again, but it was a nice experience though. I took this pic to learn how to photograph fireworks. I figured out that the best fireworks shot is the early ones because that's when the sky has not been filled with the smoke yet. After that, I can only capture smoke.

Well, those are some of my fav pics. More of my collections are in my flickr or facebook.
Hope you enjoy them. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. coooool..*ngiler
    kapan aku kk foto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku terima tantangan kk :D 9aku catat tgl 30-12-2011--> pnawaran dri ka ocha) *aseek
    btw kk moto surfer doank?kk prnah coba surfing jg gak? ;p kl liat dipilem2 kaya asik nglawan ombak gituh, tapi klo badan skecil aku mah lupakan sajah khekhekhe xp

    ReplyDelete
  3. seppp....tinggal kasih 6 months notice ya kalo mo poto pre-wed, hehehe, biar bisa diatur jadwalnya :D
    aku cuman poto2 surfernya doank, kagak pernah nyoba surfing. berenang di laut aja aku sulit...apalagi surfing

    ReplyDelete