Tuesday 11 October 2011

Introducing.......my best friends :)

¡Hola! te presento a mis amigos

These are my two favourite and best friends who have been faithfully accompanied me during this season................, 

Meet this gorgeous dog. His name is MOPI

Mopi is approximately 5 (human) years old. I don't know what breed he is, but he looks so much alike his dad. His (late) mom, was our dog, and was actually the cute tiny little one with long hair, and round eyes, but I guess his dad's gene prevails. His dad was just a random dog in our neighborhood.

Mopi likes to bark whenever he sees a stranger approaching our house. Well, he also barks when he sees people just walk pass our house though. So, he always barks when there is a guest coming. But once he knows that this guest is welcomed by us, he will stop barking and then sit down nicely under the table, eavesdropping whatever my dad and the guest are talking about (as if he know what they're talking about).

Mopi is a very faithful dog, especially to my dad, his big boss. (I am just his young master, but we become friends right away). Whenever he hears the sound of my dad's motorbike or car coming (even if it's still a bit far), he will run to the door, waiting, and when my dad open the door, Mopi will welcome my dad with a joyful leap.
This dog is a great guardian. Every night before he sleep, he will do his 'stand by' position in our veranda, doing the "people watching". One time when he chose to sleep outside, he saved one of my neighbor from  a thief who was suspiciously intended to stole his car. The neighbor told my parents about this story.

Mopi also likes to do a mouse-hunt. My dad always counts how many mouse did he manage to catch. I think he has already succeeded to catch more than 150 mice during this past 4 years.
The unpleasant but funny thing about this dog is he likes to fart just when we're all watching TV together, hahaha. He knows the "perfect timing" to release the "bomb" =).
Oh, he also likes to sleep on a chair. He can sleep on four different chairs in one night, so every morning I can find his hairs fall all over the chairs. Oh well, I have to clean them up


Look at that, how peaceful is his sleep. The other unique thing about this dog is he has this habit: he will pause and stand (sit) still in front of his food for about 1 minute (as if he is praying) before eating his food. I love this dog. He is one of my favourite

Now, meet this cute little friend. Her name is TESI
I don't know what breed she is, but she is cute. She is approximately 2.5 (human) years old. She was given by one of my mom's friend. So, she and Mopi aren't siblings by birth, but they are siblings by life now.

Unlike Mopi, she is not interested in people. She won't bother if there's a stranger coming or passing by. She is more interested in other small animals such as cats, chickens, mice, lizards, ducks, etc. She won't stop barking if she sees a cat. One day, I discovered that she was barking at a random cat until her voice was almost run out. But the cat was not responding and never took it seriously. The female cat was just look at Tesi as if she was saying "I don't care what you're barking about, I won't bother at all. You're just a kid :p".

This is how Tesi spends most of her afternoons. She will do an "animal watching" from the window. She will put her her chin against the window, observing if there's any chicken, cats, and other animals passing by, while enjoying the wind blows her hair.

Tesi's morning routines include sunbathing after breakfast. She will find a spot where the sun will directly shine on her, or even burn her I would say (because every time I touch her after sunbathing, her body is extremely hot). I wonder how she could stand taking so much heat. This sunbathing habit, however, is good for her to keep her free from any flea or fungi. So, well done, Tesi, keep up your god habit!

Tesi is also a very faithful dog, just like Mopi. She will welcome my dad or me whenever we come home, with a little happy dancing, and moving her tail. And she is particularly an extreme follower. She likes to follow my dad wherever he goes (in the house and around). When my dad walks here and there, from one room to another, she will follow. Even if my dad goes to the bathroom, she will follow and wait outside the bathroom. Both dogs actually like to follow my dad, but Tesi likes to follow more than Mopi. They will keep following my dad around the house until they feel tired and decide to sleep under my parent's bed, or under the living room's chairs.
Tesi loves mouse-hunting just like Mopi. But she also loves duck-hunting. One day, she killed all my neighbor's ducklings when she plays around. So my dad had to pay and apologize to my neighbor. The neighbor never buys any new ducklings since then :p.

I love my dogs. We love to sit down together in the veranda every night after dinner, watching the stars and the moon, and enjoy the night breeze. Mopi will bark once or twice during this session, and if I call his name, he will shut his mouth up.
Well,  I haven't had any job yet in this season. I stay in my parents' house and I don't have many friends here, as all my childhood friends has already moved out. So, Mopi and Tesi are the friends I have here, beside my family. My mom and dad also treat them as if they're my younger siblings :D. Well, I thank God for creating pets :)

2 comments:

  1. haaaaaaaa si MOPI mirip2 anjing eyke kak namanya snowie hehehe ;p tapi dia rada ga pinter n hiperaktif lebay suka males deletinnya, soale dikandangin dari kecil. Dsni mah mama ga akan ngasih dogie msuk rumah,apalagi bs tiduran dkursi2 gt kak,pdhal lucu jg ya mreka bs didlm rumah ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, emang ada plus minusnya sih anjing yg dikandangin ama yg enggak. Ini anjing2 gw bisa keluar masuk rumah seenaknya, bisa buka pintu sendiri (tapi gak bisa nutupnya :D)
    Trus tiap jam 4 pagi, mereka suka masuk kamar bokap, bangunin beliau buat jalan2 pagi lohhh...
    pokoknya dah kayak adek2 gw banget lah tuh mereka berdua, hehe
    Salam deh buat snowie ;D

    ReplyDelete